Our laminated squared log is produced with highly advanced technological equipment. Planed wooden board are glued together, which are milled by the longitudinal sawing of raw logs. When a tree trunk is sawn, the so-called timber ‘tension’ that has been building up between rings during the years of growth is removed. If this ‘tension’ is not removed from a wooden log, it can become deformed or twisted during the drying process. After being dried, the timber is planed to the finest stage of purity. Finely dried pieces are glued by their length with the help of special glue and are again planed. They are then collected into a special package and put into a special press. A readymade log is milled until it becomes a ready log.
The choice of log sizes depends on the climatic conditions pertaining in the location of the building, land the purpose of usage of the future house. The laminated log looks good in projects which are designed in the Scandinavian style as it excellently underlines the strict elegance and pure architecture of this particular style.
Rovaniemi Log House also offers a new corner angle, ‘city corner’, without any overlapping, specially adapted to construction in urban environment.
The advantages of laminated squared log:
- Fast assembly due to pieces manufactured with high precision
- Lamination process stabilise the wood, logs don´t deform of twist
- Solidity and strength
- Perfect moisture control during drying process
- Less cracks on surface compared to massive logs
- Less and limited settling compared to massive logs
- very high precision of milling and dimensions